- Candidates must be FSJ Hospital & Peace Villa Residential Care Facility employees (full-time, permanent parttime or casual) and who have been employed by Northern Health (NHA) for at least one full year prior to the application deadline.
- The course or conference must directly relate to health care delivery or advance job knowledge that will contribute to excellence in patient care; either in your current role, or a future position to which you aspire.
- Successful applicant are only eligible for a lifetime to a maximum of (3) grants per lifetime, and not more than one (1) per fiscal year.
- A letter of support from a supervisor or manager for your application is required.
The FSJ Hospital Foundation Educational Fund supports professional development for all Northern Health Authority and facility employees by providing education grants for participation in courses, and workshops which advance job knowledge, skills and qualifications which ultimately contribute to excellence in patient care.
"be equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge, and empathy needed to provide high-quality care, reduce stigma, and advocate for mental health."Michael GabrielDiploma in Psychiatric Nursing
"With the generous support provided by 2023 Education Grant, I can continue with my growth & development within this unique workplace health & safety profession..."Corinna FugereOccupational Health & Safety Certification
- The maximum value of an Education Grant is $2500.
- The number and value of scholarships awarded each year will be at the discretion of the FSJ Hospital Foundation Board of Directors with recommendations from the FSJ Hospital Foundation executive team and Scholarship Committee and will be reviewed each year.
- Applications must be received at the FSJ Hospital Foundation office by the first Monday in May each year.
- Successful candidates will be contacted by the Foundation after the review process has been completed.
- A Education Committee will be appointed by the FSJ Hospital Foundation and the Committee will make recommendations to the FSJ Hospital Foundation Board of Directors for final selection approval.
- Candidates will be evaluated against a pre-designed scoring format as approved by the Education Committee.
- Successful candidates will be contacted and invited to have their photo taken for the purpose of the sharing their individual success and with public in general.
- Successful candidates will be ask to submit a statement of what this Educational Grant means to you.