The Fort St. John Hospital Foundation is dedicated to working with the community to raise and manage funds to enhance patient care and comfort at the Fort St. John Hospital and Peace Villa Residential Care Facility.
The Foundation was established in 1994 through a generous gift from Archie Ferguson (1908-1993) of $150,000. With the direction of a dedicated volunteer Board of Directors and a generous community the Foundation has flourished and the benefits to our patients have been significant. Patients rely on the Fort St. John Hospital for medical procedures, surgeries, emergency treatment, routine laboratory tests and more. Replacement of worn out or dysfunctional equipment is vital to the quality of medical care for our patients. New technological advances require that our hospital keep current with purchases of new equipment and replacement of obsolete equipment. The Hospital Foundation has proven that consistent communication with the community about the needs of the patients and the Hospital allows citizens to have an impact on the quality of their own health care. The Hospital Foundation with the help of community donations has purchased over $14 million in medical equipment at the Hospital since 1999 and established nearly $3 million in endowment funds.